The Cincinnati 9/12 Project is a grassroots, non-partisan organization focused on preserving the principles and values of our Founding Fathers, as captured in our nation’s Constitution. The was founded in February, 2009 as part of a national initiative to unite all Americans, regardless of political orientation, to pursue events and actions to make our politicians follow these Constitutional principles and values.
“To take back our country by shifting power back from Washington politicians to the people whom they represent. The intent is to regain the balance of power among local Municipalities, States, and the Federal Government as originally envisioned by our Founding Fathers and as originally captured in the Constitution.”
- Do you watch the direction that America is being taken in and feel powerless to stop it?
- Do you believe that your voice isn’t loud enough to be heard above the noise anymore?
- Do you read the headlines everyday and feel an empty pit in your stomach…as if you’re completely alone?
If so, then you’ve fallen for the Wizard of Oz lie. While the voices you hear in the distance may sound intimidating, as if they surround us from all sides—the reality is very different. Once you pull the curtain away you realize that there are only a few people pressing the buttons, and their voices are weak. The truth is that they don’t surround us at all.
We surround them.
So, how do we show America what’s really behind the curtain? Below are nine simple principles and twelve values. If you believe in at least seven of them, then we have something in common.
The Nine Principles
- America is good.
- I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
- I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
- The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
- If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
- I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
- I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to.
- Government cannot force me to be charitable.
- It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
- The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.
The Twelve Values
- Hard Work
- Personal Responsibility